Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Glacier National Park



It's my second day in Whitefish and this morning I did Glacier National Park. It was beautiful and all but the really good road that goes all the way to the top was still closed. Bummer. I rode 16 miles into the park. Turned around. Rode 16 miles out of the park. I went into Whitefish for lunch and found a place called the Bulldog Saloon. Great cheeseburgers. So, I drank beer, ate a cheeseburger, and watched the Speed channel on their big screen. Another day in paradise.
I did stop in the park and get some decent picks of a fork of the Flathead river and one of the lakes in the park.

4 comments:

xxxooo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xxxooo said...

You really know how to live well, don't ya Big Guy? Beer, burger and TV. Civilization aside, you're on an incredible trip and you've been kind enough to post gorgeous pics and a humorous blog along the way - quite a commitment undertaken and carried through! What a vicarious experience we've been privy to. I look forward to hearing all about Yellowstone tonight and tomorrow and seeing some pics that might include your mug. Congratulations on successfully completing such an ambitious goal; and to think, in retrospect you'd do it all again. That's pretty high praise.
I know you've been shopping by yourself while you've been traveling, but if you haven't spent it all then we can go shopping when you get home on Sunday! I'm giving you a few days warning so you can save up some energy after the last leg from Dumas. Pre-planning as it were. A couple hours on Sunday should do it, and I took off work Monday so we can finish up then. I hope that works for you.
(I was sly enough to delete and resubmit this post to remedy a minor misspelling thinking no one would notice...and now there's the screaming banner "this post has been removed by the author". The redeeming factor is that I've been referred to as an "author" in print.)

Oscar said...

Wait just a minute, dude...I thought you and I were going shopping on Sunday? What's going on here?

Floyce said...

Great pictures!