Monday, May 21, 2007

Restaurant review

Some of you may be wondering how "Guadalajara" was last night. El Fabuloso it was.
Best TexMex I have had in a long time. That includes all my regular places in Dallas. Matt's, Sol's, Enchilada's. I had an inkling I might be in the right place when I walked in. The place was full and I was the only gringo there. The salsa was fresh with little bits of cilantro in it. The Dos Equis beer was brought to me in a frosted mug with HALF a lime on the rim. I'm going to have to remember that trick because it WORKED. It was appropriately hoppy with just the slightest bit of impertinence. I had cheese enchilada's (my standard) with one beef taco, rice and beans. The plate was brought to my table so hot that the beans and cheese were bubbling. This is as it should be. The cheese in the enchilada's was cheddar (I think) and of just the right amout that it didn't overpower the chili con carne. Not too much not to little. The taco was awesome. The lettuce and tomato were fresh. The filling almost overflowed the shell and was very spicy. Again, as it should be. All this for $10.87. No kidding.
All in all it was a great meal. Or maybe it was just that I was so hungry I could have eaten the ass off a running bear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! You drive how many miles only to order the standard "Kevin's Enchilada's Dinner" LOL!

Glad you're having such a great time! I love reading about your trip; thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on how you're doing and what your enjoying on your journey. Maybe in your retirement you'll consider traveling the country as a restaurant critic. HA!

Waiting for the next chapter anxiously..... :)

Vicki said...

Yum, Yum, Sounds good to me ! Have another one for me! Miss you here, sounds like you are having a wild time, Vicki