Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dallas, TX to Ogallala, Nebraska

Safe and sound in Ogallala. Long day.
Just the facts, Ma'am.
Distance covered: 853.4 miles in 12 hours 35 minutes at an overall average speed of 67.8 MPH (includes stops).
I just showered up and headed out for dinner at the Golden Spur in Ogallala. It was really pretty good. I had a small salad, steak and baked potato. The salad had one crouton on it. Thing is, it was as big as a cat's head. Funny. They like big croutons in Nebraska. My waitress was really cute. If she had had a long Little-House-on-the-Prairie dress on she would have been a dead ringer for Granny of The Beverly Hillbillies.
I'll write more on the shorter mileage days. Right now my bed is calling me.
One more thing. I'm going to propose a law that all trucks have to stay in the right lane. Forever. Trucks passing each other is infuriating. One guy thinks he just HAS TO get around another. The only thing is the truck that is doing the passing is going 63.5 MPH, the one being passed is doing 63 MPH. It seems another ice age could come and go before they get it accomplished. Trucks in the right lane NOW.

3 comments:

xxxooo said...

Congratulations on a very successful and extremely long ride today. I know you're tired but it'll get better on the short days. You've worked out really hard and planned very thoroughly, leaving little to chance. I'm really proud of you. Just one more leg to obtain the 1,500 mile/36-hour certification. You're already a hero.

Floyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Floyce said...

Congrats on getting through the longest riding day! Don't let the trucks get to you. :)