Wednesday, May 23, 2007

About a bike



I realized that I did not have a good pic of the bike posted. I thought I would write a little about it as well. One shot is in my garage the morning of departure. You can also see Thomas and Lucy in this pic. You can see the Sealine dry bag, Pelican case and tripod for the camera (starting to wish I hadn't brought the tripod) strapped to the back of the bike. I carry my MacBook Pro in the Pelican case. It's foam filled and waterproof. Extra clothes, jacket, shoes and such in the Sealine. The left saddlebag is devoted to the bike with a quart of oil, tools, windshield cleaner, towels, etc. The right saddlebag is full of my clothes for the week. Each saddlebag holds just a little less than an airline carry-on.
The bike has done great for the trip. I have it set up so that I can hear my Ipod through earplug speakers and when my GPS needs to give me directions it can break in long enough to do so then back to the music.
This is the website for the bike if anyone is interested:

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=r1200rt

2 comments:

Renaud said...

Hi Kevin: I have been reading but too lazy to sign up. Beautiful pics. Thx. You made some amazing progress on your first two days! Vijay says hi. She's doing my Anesthesia. Her and I and Vicki read your blog together again this AM. Be careful. Have fun.

renaud

xxxooo said...

Thomas is looking awfully chipper at 5:30 a.m. Perhpas it'll come in handy at the hospital.
I'm examining the bike and it looks like it might need a thinga-ma-doochy to lean back against.